With several hues and cries, the manufacturer decided to review their point, and they are all set to launch a brand new 2018 Cadillac XTS in coming days. In the US car market, Cadillac is a well-famed player in the sedan car segment. This has been on the market for quite some time and has produced some amazing cars like XTs’ and much more. However, recently there was a rumor that the car manufacturer is going to put a stop to production of their iconic XT series.
This car from Cadillac is known as one of the best compact sedans available in the market. The outgoing model was on the market for quite a long time, and it got redesign back in 2011. So, the upcoming Cadillac XTS 2018 is ought to get a whole new redesign to match present standards. Let’s know what sort of upliftment and tuning is going to take place in the latest model.
2018 Cadillac XTS – Exterior and Interior Changes
It is expected that the automaker will keep all existing features of its charming old boy. In addition to this, there are possibilities that 2018 Cadillac XTS will have some additional features. It is speculated that the manufacturer will put these following redesign on the exterior of this car.
- LED head and tail lamps.
- Illuminating door handle along with glowing side mirrors will be there to provide a welcome-lit whenever someone unlocks this car.
- Platinum grill will be incorporated to put some extra glow to the exterior of Cadillac XTS 2018.
- Painted and polished wheels is expected to be available for the upcoming model.
Interior upliftment will probably look like these.
- Semi-aniline leather along with 22 way adjustable seats will be available from now on.
- Ultra view sunroof and ambient lighting will be there to give some extra joy to the rider.
- With 18 cu. ft. boot space there will be a lot of room to put that big baggage.
2018 Cadillac XTS – Powertrain
The main redesign of the 2018 Cadillac XTS lies under the hood. It is expected that this car will get a whole new 3.6-liter SIDI V6 DOHC VVT engine that can produce 321 hp along with 274 lb-ft of torque. However, for the base variant, there will be a separate engine. It will be a 2.0-liter V4 engine that can churn out 272 hp along with 260 lb-ft of torque. This will be mated to 6-speed automatic gearbox. With this new engine, it is expected that this car will get an 18 mpg in the city and 21 mpg on highways.
Car makers like Honda, Mercedes-Benz, Ford, Audi and BMW has always remained the main rival of Cadillac. With the upcoming 2018 Cadillac XTS, it is expected that scenario will not remain same. This time with upgraded XTS the automaker has some certain edge over its rivals.
- The new engine will be finely tuned to provide required amount of power to this car
- Explicit interior meshed with vivid colors like dark Adriatic blue, black raven, red passion tin-coat and much more, Cadillac XTS 2018 is all set to woo lots of prospect buyers
- Cadillac provide good quality of reliability, durability and comfortable journey, which has no match
There are a plethora of features that put this car mile ahead of its rivals. So the new car is all set to turn a lot of heads towards it.
2018 Cadillac XTS – Price and Release Date
It is expected that, like outgoing model, 2018 Cadillac XTS too will have 4 variants. The price of each variant will differ depending upon their features.
- XTS base trim will cost approximately $47,560
- Luxury variant will cost around $52,680
- Premium luxury derivative will cost somewhere around $66,340
- The platinum version will cost $68,150
- V Sport platinum is expected to be available at $75,390
The company has not yet told any release date. However, it is expected to be available in the showrooms from the second or third quarter of 2017.
Well, at last, it can be said that the long wait for the Cadillac lovers is going to end as the new 2018 Cadillac XTS is all set to hit showrooms within few days. Be ready to put some thrill into your driving experience with Cadillac XTS.